Saturday, June 21, 2008

Caught in da rain...

Well, the title is pretty self explanitory but this is what happened....


My dad and I went to our favorite little coffee shop this morning. We like to play cards there and have gotten to really know some of the workers there. It's neat having a place like that. When we got home, I got on the pc and did some pointless searching and I read me book for a little while.... then me phone rang. Guess who? ^_^ Josef says, "Hey! Me. Can you hang out?" So I say, "Hi me. Yes, I am quite hang-out-able at present." "Meet me at the gezebo." "Oki doki." So I get there, but....there's a slight problem. It iz drizzling. Not really a problem per se... In FL., it can go one of two ways, it can stop in the next two seconds, or it can pour and end in the next two hours. When Josef got there, we both agreed that we were hardy Floridians and didn't really care if we got a little wet... -_- Obvious mistake. It starts to rain harder, but instead of going inside (which really didn't seem like an option at the time because our goal in the first place was to get out of the house) we decided to go to the other gezebo. It was better covered by trees.. but it was farther away from our houses. But being the completely....eh, what's the word...DUMB, teenagers that we are, we decided to take the risk and talk down there. Another obvious mistake. By the time we got there, it was already raining harder but we weren't soaked so, no biggy. Yet. We were there a grand total of one minute...when the sky seemed to open up and let loose a "leak" worthy of hurricane season. And we were trapped, and getting wet. We forgot to calculate the wind factor too. So we waited...and waited. And for good measure, waited some more. I took a picture to remember this "joyful" er... memorable event. After an hour of waiting, and thorughly getting soaked, we decided to make a run for the lake. There were more trees. Stupid us, more trees=more cover... that's when the lightning started. *sigh* we stole down to the lake. Actually we skipped, yeah....skipped. It's not every day that you get to skip in a monsoon. :D There were some old plastic benches overlooking the lake so we picked one up and carried it over our heads. Then decided to go back to the gezebo, so we took the bench and left it by the street and walked back. lolz. It's still sitting there. Heehee. It finally stopped raining after the guessed two hours and we walked back to me house to play with me dog and kill eachother in video games. I love summer.... ^~^


And that is how I spent my day! *collapses from exhastion*


3 comments:

Ashley Calafiore said...

Hahah! That's amazing! I would have been playing in the rain though. Although I'm sure ya'll had a fun time trying to avoid it.

Ashley Calafiore said...

I was saying the Cuban Italian! (Nick) Sounds like my type of breeding! Heehee..... I love both those ethnicities!

Ashley Calafiore said...

I know! Tis one of my favorites!!